Rules of the Game
Morongo has dedicated countless hours – following the guidance of local, state, and federal health officials – to developing a detailed mitigation plan. It’s a plan designed to help keep everyone safe and healthy when they play at Morongo, building upon our already-exacting standards for safety and sanitation, and incorporating new policies, practices, and technologies thoroughly vetted through regular consultation with area medical experts. We’ve created a New Morongo to help us through our New Normal.
More than a dozen safety measures have been enacted that meet or exceed CDC and industry guidelines for limiting the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Face masks are optional for vaccinated guests and vendors; Required for those not vaccinated.
- Hand Sanitizer stations placed throughout the property, including both front-of-house and back-of-house areas.
- A heightened cleaning schedule, featuring Morongo’s “Clean Team.”
- HVAC systems replace all air within the casino with fresh air from outside regularly.
- Plexiglass shields installed between many slots machines.
- Guests are asked to maintain physical distance from each other where feasible in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Sanitation and disinfection cleaning schedules and procedures have been enhanced and will be maintained.
- A 95% smoking-free casino.
- All Team Members are required to answer health screening questions before every shift.
- Any Team Member who is identified through the screening as either potentially having the virus or potentially having been exposed to the virus is not allowed entry onto the property until they are deemed healthy by a medical professional.
- Any Team Member who is determined to have been in contact with an infected or potentially infected person through the screening or through a robust contact tracing program - designed and executed in accordance with guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - will be asked to undergo a COVID-19 test and will not allowed entry onto the property until they are deemed healthy by a medical professional.
- Playing Safe at Poker -
• Poker games will be spread 7 handed.
• All regular MCRS dealing procedures will apply.
• Team members will maintain adequate social distancing at all times.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
• Supervisors will sanitize table game rails and chairs after each guest leaves.
• Chip runners will sanitize chip racks regularly throughout their shift.
Physical Distancing / Seating
• All live poker tables will have Plexiglas dividers separating players and dealers from each other, seating 7 players per table.
• Players will be required to maintain adequate spacing.
• Players will not be allowed to sit behind another player and watch the game.
• After players check in at the caller board they will be asked to leave a phone number for a call back when their seat is available.
• There will be NO waiting, standing, loitering in the poker room.
• Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the poker room.
• Food service will be suspended in the poker room until further notice.
• Drinks will be served in disposable containers.
• Players may wear rubber/latex gloves while playing poker if they choose.